Friday, July 29, 2011

I will live today transparently...

Hebrews 4:13 "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."

I have lots of hiding places in my heart...secret closets, little nooks and crannys...places where I can shove thoughts, attitudes, choices that I don't want to look at and don't want anyone to see. Especially God! How embarrassing it would be if my heart were an open book!

If I believe the Bible, I must acknowledge that God already knows everything there is to know about me... and He still loves and accepts me! How amazing! This kind of love moves me to stop trying to avoid His inspection. Since I can't hide anything from Him anyway, I want to try something new... purposefully living transparently.

Today, whenever the Holy Spirit reveals something negative in my thoughts or attitudes, I will lay it before the Lord, praise Him for His forgiveness, and move on. How refreshing to come to the end of the day and not have a list of things to confess! :-)

Lord...please help me to live transparently before You today. Thank You for the Holy Spirit who prompts me to keep short accounts with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment