Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What's the problem...I'm telling you the truth.

Proverbs 3:3 "Do not let kindness and truth leave you.  Bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart."

Not too long ago I woke up feeling a bit strange.  I didn't recognize the problem until I got to my feet and walked (or tried to walk) .  I must have looked like I was drunk as I bobbed and weaved to the bathroom.  Try as I might, I could not maintain my balance.  I had an ear infection and my eustachian tube was clogged.

It's like that for me occasionally in my daily walk.  It's hard for maintain the balance between truth and kindness.  I am either brutally honest or "half-truthed" kind with those I encounter.  Jesus mastered that issue.  He was "full of grace and truth", not compromising His standards, but exercising kindness and grace in applying them.

When my spiritual "eustachian tube" is clear, I am much better at being like Jesus.  When it's clogged because of sin, selfishness, pride, or just lack of communication, then I'm out of balance and my interaction with others is out of whack.

Lord, please help me today to listen to You and respond to others as You would.

No comments:

Post a Comment