Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Maintaining equilibrium...

2 Corinthians 1:5  "For just as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so also our comfort in Christ abounds."

I love equations.  I like things to balance.  Keeping my balance is an ongoing challenge.  Every aspect of my life...social, spiritual, emotional, financial, physical is constantly pulling one way or another and it's hard to maintain equilibrium.

It feels that way when I'm suffering.  I get discouraged and feel isolated and start to lose hope.  The good news is that, just like water seeks its own level, as the level of our suffering increases, so does the level of Christ's comfort and encouragement. 

How does that work?  The Holy Spirit ("The Comforter") works in our hearts, bringing words of peace, joy, encouragement, hope.  He speaks through the Bible and He whispers in our spirit.  He also speaks through our brothers and sisters in Christ.  He uses us to bring His comfort to others.

I'm so thankful that God's supply of comfort has no limit and that He supplies what I need when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment