Friday, August 10, 2012

What have You done for me lately?

1 Samuel 27:1   "Then David said to himself, 'Now I will perish one day by the hand of Saul. There is nothing better for me than to escape into the land of the Philistines. Saul then will despair of searching for me anymore in all the territory of Israel, and I will escape from his hand.'  2 So David arose and crossed over, he and the six hundred men who were with him, to Achish the son of Maoch, king of Gath."


For years Saul had been relentlessly pursuing David.  David must have been thoroughly exhausted, discouraged, afraid.  He wanted, needed, relief from his situation.  Rather than asking God, he looked at his options and chose to seek protection from a Philistine.  The anointed one of Israel lived with and served Israel's arch-enemy for a year and a half!


I found myself in a similar state of mind recently.  Circumstances not of my doing and beyond my control had me discouraged and afraid.  I began sizing up my options and began to formulate a plan to solve the problems.  Like David, I neglected to include God in my plan.  After a somewhat sleepless night, I awoke to a song on the radio.  The line that still resounds in my mind was, "The same God Who was with you then is with you now."

What have You done for me lately?  I'm ashamed to admit that's how I tend to live my life.  I love the Lord, I trust Him, I've seen Him work miracles time and again, yet when I'm in trouble, I forget that God is here with me and wants to demonstrate His faithfulness once again.

Lord, please forgive my doubt, my pride, my lack of faith.  Thank You for graciously reminding me that You haven't changed and haven't abandoned me.  I trust You and gladly give you my "situation".  I will watch You work and will listen for Your direction.  I love you, Lord!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment