Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Waiting for God's Glory...

John 11:40 "Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?"

What does the glory of God look like?  When Isaiah saw it in a vision, the temple was filled with smoke.  The Seraphim declared that the whole earth is filled with His glory.  The Israelites saw the glory of God in the pillar of smoke and the pillar of fire.  They also saw it in the tabernacle when Moses went in to talk with God - again there was smoke and brilliant light. The glory of God was seen in Jesus...at his transfiguration and resurrection.

What Jesus was referring to in this passage is the raising of Lazarus from the dead.  He promised it in v. 23 and revealed it in v.44.

So...here's the question: How/when can I see the glory of God?  If I understand what Jesus is saying here, I see it in answered prayer.

A situation may seem totally impossible (like Lazarus' death), but God delights in transforming those devastating circumstances into manifestations of His glory!

Lord, please help me to trust You so much that I expect to see Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment