Thursday, March 22, 2012

Looking through the windshield...

John 11:47 "Therefore the chief priests and the Pharisees convened a council, and were saying, 'What are we doing? for this man is performing many signs...'"

Jesus had just raised Lazarus from the dead and someone had reported it to the Jewish leaders. Their response... Were they in awe, amazed? Did it suggest to them that this Jesus might just be the Messiah after all? No, on the contrary. Rather than seeing God's hand at work, they perceived it as a threat. They couldn't see beyond their own self-centered, preconceived notions. They wanted to protect their turf, preserve the status quo.

When I get behind the wheel of my truck and look forward, I have two choices. I can either look at the windshield or I can look through it. If my focus is on the glass, what I see will be spots, streaks, imperfections and I'll miss the view ahead and around me. If I look through the windshield, I will see a bigger picture and have a more accurate frame of reference.

How will you choose to view the day God has given you today? Where will you focus? I don't want to miss what He is doing. I don't want a miracle to slip by unnoticed. I choose to look beyond myself and watch Him at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment