Thursday, March 1, 2012

Keeping the Main Thing the main thing...

John 9:25 "...one thing I know, that whereas I was blind, now I can see."

The Pharisees were badgering the now-seeing blind man, trying to find an opportunity to "get" Jesus.  His response frustrated them, but it cut right to the core of the matter.  Yes, Jesus healed him on the Sabbath, but HE HEALED HIM!  They were so blinded by their (not God's) rules and regulations that they couldn't see the real truth. 

As life swirls around me, it is easy to get caught up in the mess and to lose sight of the main miracle, the center of my existence: Jesus loves me and He saved me.  I was the lost sheep and He found me.  I was the blind man, but now I can see.  Amazing Grace!!!

Lord, thank you for "grounding" me this morning.  Please help me to focus on Who You are and what You are doing.  Help me to maintain perspective.  Help me to keep the Main Thing the main thing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment