Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Picked by the Captain!


Eph 1:4 "Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him."

I was watching some children choosing teams for a recess basketball game recently and it took me back to my elementary school days. I remember that my sense of worth was determined by the captain of the team. All of the "hopefuls" would line up and one by one they were chosen, starting with the best players. When would I be picked?  Was I good enough to be picked first or would I be the last choice, the one nobody really wanted? Usually I was somewhere in the middle.

The first of the spiritual blessings Jesus has given us is that He chose us. When?  Before He created the world!  Honestly, that is beyond my understanding... that the Creator of the universe would take notice of me, would love me so much, value me so much that He would choose me to be His child. Not only did He choose me, He also determined my value by proclaiming me to be holy and blameless. He set me apart as someone special. Wow!  Not only that, but He also empowers me to act that way...to live out that identity.

Lord, thank You for choosing me to be on your team. Please help me today to make You proud. I love being your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment