Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sharing the miracles...


John 12:17-18 (cf. 4:28-30)  "So the people, who were with him when He called Lazarus out of the tomb and raised him from the dead, continued to testify about Him. For this reason also, the people went and met Him,because they heard that He had performed this sign."

"You've got to come see this!" That's a phrase we've all exclaimed more than once. Whenever we hear or witness something out of the ordinary, something spectacular, the natural response is to tell someone else about it so they can share the experience.

That's what the Samaritan woman did after Jesus had amazed her by revealing things about her that no stranger could have known. It's what the Jews did, who had witnessed what was arguably Jesus' greatest miracle.  Time after time we read in the Gospels how people who encountered the life-altering power of Jesus immediately spread the word and brought others to meet Him.

I wonder why it is that I am so quick to talk about the latest spectacular play performed by my favorite athlete, but not so quick to share my latest answered prayer.

Lord, please help me to keep my priorities straight today. Let me see and share what You are doing with the same excitement as when I talk about the Padres' latest win.

No comments:

Post a Comment