Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blessed by the Best!...


Ephesians 1:3 "Blessed be the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places."

My friend, Don, when asked how he's doing, inevitably responds, "I'm blessed by the Best!"  It may sound trite, but when I think about it, that phrase describes a Christian's everyday experience.

Just ponder the words of this verse for a moment. There isn't a single spiritual blessing I will enjoy in Heaven that isn't available to me right now! If that is so, why do I so often act like I'm on the verge of spiritual bankruptcy, devoid of power and resources?  God's Holy Spirit lives in me, His Spirit of power, the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead!!!  He wants to demonstrate that power in you and me. We just need to trust Him and watch Him work.

Lord, thank You for blessing me beyond my ability to receive it. Forgive me for my lack of faith. Release in me your blessings and power today, that I might be used by you to bless someone who desperately needs it.  I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment