Friday, May 18, 2012

Done Deal...

John 16:32  "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble. But take courage!  I have overcome the world."

If you're a sports fan, it's an exciting week to live in Southern California!  All three professional teams are in the playoffs!  This weekend in L.A. has been dubbed, "Sports-aggedon" because of the masses who will head to the Staples Center to root for the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings.  Sports talk shows are filled with those who would predict the outcome.  I could become rich if I knew for certain who would win!!!

As a Believer in Jesus, I am blessed to know the certain outcome of a much larger, much more important contest. .. the battle for the future of this world and all who have ever populated it.  Since the beginning of time, the Enemy (Satan) has waged war, hoping (in vain) for ultimate victory.  Since the beginning of time the outcome has been settled.  Jesus wins!

Though the battle rages on and will intensify as we approach His return, Jesus tells us to be courageous.  The victory is certain.  John tells us in 1 John that the basis for you and me to experience that victory in the midst of turmoil and trouble is our trust in Jesus, our abiding in His Word, and our dependency on the Holy Spirit. (1 Jn 2:14; 4:4; 5:4)

Lord, as I begin this day, I affirm my trust in You and claim the power of Your Spirit.  Let me be bold in the face of whatever the Enemy throws at me; give me peace amid turmoil and joy when I am stressed.  Thank You for the victory!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment