Friday, May 11, 2012

Glimpsing th invisible....

1 John 4:12 "No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us and His love is perfected in us." As his dad looked on, a little boy was busily drawing a picture of an old man with long hair and a long, grey beard.  When he finished, his dad complimented him on the drawing and asked who it was.  "It's God", his son replied.  "But, no one knows what God looks like", his father objected.  "They do now", the little boy stated matter-of-factly. God, our Heavenly Father, the Creator of all, is essentially spirit and, as such, is invisible.  Scripture is clear in stating that He is unseen.  Yet, John tells us that in us others can see the invisible.  As we consistently demonstrate His love and care toward each other, He lives in and through us, and we provide a glimpse of God to those we encounter. I wonder who people see when they observe me.  Am I getting in the way?  Am I obscuring their view of the Father? Lord, thank You for abiding in me.  Please help me today, by my actions and reactions, to provide others a clear glimpse of You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment