Thursday, January 17, 2013

He is able...

Ephesians 3:16   "...that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man..."

Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,"

Occasionally I wake up at 3:00 a.m.  I haven't set the alarm.  I just wake up.  Then the battle begins.  As the Enemy reminds me of my growing "to do" list,  he resurrects feelings of inadequacy and failure.  To top it off, he throws in my fears of the future, my worries about "what next".  Often I will bolt upright, anxious for action, only to realize that there's nothing I can do at that ungodly hour.

How do I fight back?  One thing I've learned to do is to keep a notepad and pen on the nightstand.  Listing the tasks that keep me awake seems to help.  More importantly, I turn to God's Word.  I don't have to open the Bible.  I've memorized verses like the ones above and I pray them back to my Father.

He reminds me that I'm not alone, that it's not all up to me.  He lives in me and He stands ready with resources beyond my comprehension.  I truly am inadequate, but God is able!  I will never in this life grasp the vastness of His ability to bless me.  It is "far more abundantly beyond what I can ask or think!"   As I lie in bed contemplating His promises, the battle wanes, and I fall back asleep with praise and peace in my heart.

Thank You, Father, for Your promise of provision and for empowering me to trust and serve You.  Thank you for seeing beyond my inadequacies and for reminding me that in every circumstance, You are able!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment