Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Breaking loose from the tractor beam...

2 Peter 2:9 "The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation/trial..."

Sometimes I feel like a space ship in Star Trek, caught in a "tractor beam" and pulled relentlessly , regardless of my struggling, toward the mother ship. Whether it's a recurring temptation or a circumstance that is wearing me down and seemingly has no solution, it is easy to become discouraged and give in/give up.

Peter reaffirms what Paul said in 1 Cor. 10:13 ("God is faithful and will not allow you to be tempted/tested beyond what you are able to endure, but will provide a way of escape, that you might be able to endure it.")  God is the ultimate search and rescue expert.

No matter what you and I may face today, He is there with us. Thank God for His Word that illumines my path and for the HS who lives in me and He guides, directs, protects, rescues me.  He knows my strengths, weaknesses, my inclinations, and my limits.  He is faithful.

Lord, thank you that I can trust you for the faith and strength I need to be victorious today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment