Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Earning your "credentials"...

2 Corinthians 1:4 "...Who comforts us in all of our afflictions so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any afflicftion with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

I had been praying for God to expand my ministry, to give me new opportunities to reach others for Him.  I didn't have a clue what that would entail and, at first, I didn't recognize His answer to my prayers.  Believe it or not, his answer involved suffering.  It was through suffering, and experiencing His compassion and care first hand, that I was able to reach people I couldn't relate to before.  Now I can honestly say, "I know how you feel.  I understand what you're going through."

By enduring affliction, our faith is authenticated, we are credentialed, and we earn the right to proclaim God's compassion.  That's why we can wholeheartedly agree with James when he says, "Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials..."  God answered two prayers for me through my encounter with suffering: the "Why me?" prayer, and the "Expand my ministry" prayer. 

Thank you, Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment