Tuesday, January 3, 2012

God in me?....God in me!!!

2 Peter 1:4 "...that by them (His precious and magnificent promises) you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust."

God's promises are not empty words.  They are powerful, so powerful that by them my heart has been turned inside-out and I am in the process of becoming more like Him.  It is by His promises that, like Paul says in Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me..."  It is by His promises that I am able to escape situations that formerly would have tripped me up, caused me to stumble in sin.  It is by His promises that God actually, "for real", lives in me!  His Holy Spirit is alive and vibrant in my heart, carefully leading and guiding me throughout the day, helping me to maneuver through the spiritual minefields Satan has laid out.

Because of God's promises, as one who trusts in Jesus Christ, I have become more than who I used to be.  I have the unthinkable, unimaginable privilege of living every minute in intimate fellowship ("partaker") with the Creator of the universe!

How is it then, that I so often take His presence in me for granted?  How can I walk through the day on autopilot, oblivious to Him, deaf to His voice, blind to His leading, insensitive to His nudging? 

Oh, God, please forgive me!  Help me, Holy Spirit, to actively, excitedly join You in the adventure You have planned for me today.  I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment