Monday, September 10, 2012

Looking through foggy lenses...


 2 Corinthians 3:16   "...but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away."

I hate it when my lenses fog up.  Occasionally on humid days or when I'm sweating on a cool evening, my vision becomes foggy.  It occurs gradually so that until it's nearly obscured, I don't realize what is happening. Then I take off my glasses, wipe them off, and I can see clearly once again.

It's like that for me in my relationship with Jesus.  When I'm not spending time with Him regularly, when I am sporadic in my reading of His Word, my spiritual lenses start to fog up.  Things around me become somewhat confused and obscured.  My discernment and sense of direction get mixed up, and I miss the Holy Spirit's "sign posts".  My spiritual GPS malfunctions.

How do I clean my spiritual lenses and get my GPS functional once again.  It's simple.  1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."   When I finally realize what I've been doing, I confess it to Jesus, seek His forgiveness, and I reestablish my habit of setting aside the first part of my day for time with Him.  I can see clearly now!

Lord, I want to see life through clean lenses.  I want to discern the Spirit's directional signs today.  Thank you for your forgiveness, Your cleansing.  I love seeing clearly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment