Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Ultimate Makeover...

2 Corinthians 5:21   "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

Among T.V. reality shows you will find a couple of "extreme makeovers". . . the  "Home Edition" and the "Weight Loss Edition".  I am fascinated by both of them  because they are, indeed,  extreme.  The climax of both shows is the contrast between "before" and "after", and it's hard to believe the results.

Paul reminds us that, as Christians, we are blessed to be part of the "Ultimate Makeover - Life Edition"!  Just as I have a hard time believing the physical transformations of houses and bodies on T.V., it is difficult for me to comprehend that Jesus has done for and in me.  He, who was sinless (perfectly righteous) allowed Himself to become sin (totally guilty).  In exchange, we who had not one shred of righteousness, became righteousness (sinless) by means of His atoning sacrifice.

From God's perspective, because of what Jesus did on my behalf. I am righteous, pure, whole.... totally "made-over"!

I would like to see a T.V. program that revisits the "made-over" homes and the people a year or two later.  I wonder if they still look as good as they did at the conclusion of the show.  I would guess not.

That's how I feel about myself.  I have been totally made-over on the inside, but I don't always look like it, act like it, feel like it.  It's as if I hear the Holy Spirit calling on the loud-speaker, "Clean up on aisle 7!"  I need daily cleaning, mopping, dusting, vacuuming.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for what You did and continue to do for me, in me, through me.  Please help me today to better resemble the person Your Father sees me to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment