Tuesday, October 4, 2011

If it's not mine, why do I hold on so tightly?

Psalm 24:1 "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world and all who live in it."

I went to get into my truck this morning and something wasn't quite right.  I didn't remember leaving the driver's door ajar.  I got in and saw that the console was open and the contents were scattered on the passenger seat.  I didn't remember doing that!  I guess I'm kind of slow on the uptake.  It took me a few seconds before it dawned on me that someone had ransacked my truck. MY truck!

Although there was nothing of consequence missing, I stewed over it all morning.  I still have to go the police station this afternoon to file a report...didn't have time this morning.  Throughout the day, the Holy Spirit kept asking me why I was so upset.  Whose truck is it anyway?  Oh, I forgot.  I handed the keys to God when He let me buy it.  I get so attached to my stuff. :-(

So...I'm still learning.  In my mind, everything is God's.  In my heart, it's not always that way. 

Thank you, Lord, for being patient with me.  Oh...and thank You that YOUR truck didn't get messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment