Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Why do I always ask Why?

Romans 11:33 "Oh, the depths of the riches, both of the wisdom & knowledge of God!  How unsearchable are His judgments and untraceable His ways!"

One of the first words out of a toddler's mouth is, "Why?"  I've found that it doesn't do much good to try and explain to him the rationale for my decision.  The little guy just doesn't have a frame of reference, the capacity, for understanding abstract reasoning.  It's not that I'm omniscient and he's not.  I just know a lot more than he does and my brain has more fully developed than his has.  So, my answer to him is, "Because I said so.  Trust me."

It's no different for an adult, particularly when God asks something from me that makes me uncomfortable. Only, in this case, He is omniscient and there really is no way for me to fully comprehend where He's coming from.  Nevertheless, my "Why?" is often very persistent. and I suspect it is annoying to Him. What I hear Him say in response is, "If you trust me, don't ask why, just do it!"

Lord, I do trust You.  Please take the "Why?" out of our conversation.  Help me to "just do it" and leave the results to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment