Monday, October 31, 2011

The ultimate stain remover...

Romans 12:1 "I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy and well-pleasing to Him, which is your reasonable service of worship."

One of my favorite photos was taken when our kids were little.  We had just moved into our first house and we were working in the back yard, getting ready to plant grass.  Three year old Michael and 1 year old Maureen were standing with their shovels and you could hardly see their faces for the dirt and mud.  All it took was a little soap and a lot of water to get them back to normal.  They cleaned up well, although I was surprised that our drains didn't back up when we emptied the bath tub!

God likes clean and pure. In Jesus' day, in order to be received by God, a sacrifice had to be without blemish, innocent, pure.  I'm not.  So how can I ever expect the holy God of Israel  to accept me, to be pleased with me?  I can never be good enough.  There's not enough soap and water in the universe to cleanse me.

Thank God it's not up to me!  He has washed me in the blood of the Lamb, and I am clean clear through.  Sure, I get a little dirty as I maneuver through the day, but as I bring my sins to Him, Jesus cleans me up again. (1 John 1:9).

Lord, I start this day clean, righteous, pure, and blameless.  Please let my sacrifice today bring a smile of approval to Your face.  I live to serve You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment