Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"All I want is peace..."

2 Peter 1:2 "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord...."

Peace.  That's number one on nearly everyone's wish list for 1012.  Unfortunately, for most, it's just that... a wish.  True peace isn't the merely the absence of conflict, whether between nations or individuals.  It goes much deeper than that.  It is the settled knowledge and experience deep in your soul that all is right between you and God..  All other manifestations of peace flow from that.

Peter says peace is coupled with grace (God's grace) and it grows as we get to know Him better.  It becomes the basis for who we are and everything we do.  It increases our ability to trust God; it gives us the confidence to reach out of our comfort zone in serving Him.  Peace with God is the foundation and the motivation for my life. 

Lord Jesus, thank you for making peace with God a reality in my life.  Your sacrifice on my behalf has freed me from sin's shackles and has opened the way for me to serve you wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment