Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let's get better acquainted...

2 Peter 1:3  "...Seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence."

The more I get to know Jesus, the better I understand how to live.  Everything I need to know about living a life that is pleasing to God is tied to my relationship with His Son.  The word "knowledge" in the verse speaks of "experience" and "relationship". 

How do I get to know someone?  By spending time with him, conversing with him, doing things together.  That's just how I get better acquainted with Jesus.  The more time I spend with Him each day, listening and learning from His Word, and the more I seek to walk with Him throughout the day, the more intimate our relationship will become.

Lord, I do want to know you more.  I want to sense your presence throughout today.  Thank you that you desire the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment