Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Under new ownership"...

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and delivered Himself up for me."

Occasionally I will walk into a familiar store and be greeted with a sign that proclaims, "Under new ownership".   Immediately I begin to look for changes, to see what's different than it was before.  Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised with the changes and sometimes I'm disappointed.

Scripture says that when we come to Christ, He hangs a similar sign on us.  The concept is that when I responded in faith to the Holy Spirit calling me to salvation, I died to my old way of thinking, responding, behaving.  Jesus has taken up residence in my heart in the person of the Holy Spirit, and my lifestyle is to reflect His ownership.

Just as I evaluate the owner of a business by the employees with whom I come in contact, so people I encounter will judge my Owner by what they see in me.  Do my attitudes, speech, and actions accurately reflect Jesus?  What will others think of Him by what they see in me?

Lord, please use me today to represent You well.  Let others see You clearly in me.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment