Friday, December 2, 2011

What will it be...diligence or dallying?

Romans 14:12  "So then, each one of us shall give an account of himself to God."

It's not what you "expect", but what you "inspect" that happens.  I learned that lesson a long time ago.  Part of my role as a principal is to monitor and evaluate the job performance of my staff.  Each one has the resources and training to do his or her job, and each is accountable for how well they manage them.  Accountability is key to success.

God gives us great freedom,  resources, and opportunities for ministry, but also great responsibility.  We will one day stand before Jesus, accountable to our Savior for how we managed the time, talent, and gifts He provided for us.  I am by nature easy-going and I am still learning to be more task-oriented and diligent in doing things in a timely, orderly fashion.  It's much easier to wait until the last minute, but the last minute usually brings with it undue pressure and panic.

I want, more than anything, to stand before the Lord Jesus someday, see a big smile on His face, and hear the words, "Good job, I'm proud of you." 

Lord, please help me to be a wise, diligent steward today.  At the end of the day, let me feel the warmth of your approval. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment