Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wake up!!

Romans 13:11 "...the hour has already come for you to wake up...because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.  The night is nearly over, the day is almost here"

The farther I get into the week, the less welcome the sound of the clock radio.  It doesn't matter that the music is Christian.  It's still an invasion of my sleep.  It was all I could do to get out of bed this morning   Once up, showered, shaved, and dressed, I was okay and ready for my daily time with the Lord.

The text in Romans goes on to say that we should put off the deeds of the night and put on the armor of light...clothe ourselves with the Lord Jesus.  Unless I consciously do that, my days rush past, becoming a blur, with nothing noticeably accomplished that has eternal consequences. 

I so easily slip into my daily routine, oblivious to the needs, the opportunities to make a difference in someone's life.  I need to have a "last days" frame of mind. I want to gaze at the sky and wonder if this is the Day we'll see Jesus in the clouds.   I want to view every encounter as an opportunity for Jesus to touch someone. 

Lord, please help me to make every minute count today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment