Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No bankruptcy allowed!....

Romans 13:8 "Owe nothing to any man except to love one another...".

In this day of overwhelming credit card debt and maxed out lines of credit, we are barraged by ads touting bankruptcy as our solution.  While that is a viable option for some, the real issue is trying to stay out of debt in the first place.  Throughout the Bible we are reminded both of the dangers of debt and the obligation to pay what we owe.

However, there is a debt I can never fully repay, and I don't have the option of filing bankruptcy. Based upon God's undeserved, unfailing, never-ending love for me, I owe a debt of love back to Him, and He wants me to repay it by giving it freely to others.

Just as I don't like "automatic deductions" from my checking account, neither do I want them from my spiritual account.  I want to be actively invoved in paying my debt of love to God (the "principal") by loving others (the "interest").  I don't know who the Holy Spirit will bring across my path today, but I do know He wants me to share His concern for them and to find a way to express God's love to them.

Lord, thank you for entrusting me with your love.  Please love through me those I encounter today. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment