Monday, November 14, 2011

Hope and Prayer - the Prerequisites for Perseverence

Romans 12:12 "rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer..."

These three concepts are intertwined and somewhat interdependent.  As I rejoice in the hope I have in Jesus, trusting His plan and timing, and as I am pushing forward in prayer so that I have open communication with the Father, I then am able to persevere in whatever trials I encounter.  Take away the hope or the prayer and I lose my ability to cope with suffering.

Jesus is our prime example of this.  Heb 12:2 says, "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who, for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Lord, as I see what You did for me, how Your hope ("the joy set before Him") and your communion with the Father gave You the strength to suffer for me, I ask that You would build in me that same hope and dedication to prayer.





No comments:

Post a Comment