Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Worship 24/7...

John 4:23 "...true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers."

I grew up going to church.  My mom was my Sunday School teacher, my dad was an elder and one of the worship leaders.  Church was at the core of our family experience.  I identified worship with that location.  It was something we did in that building on Sundays and Wednesdays.

As I look back on it, that mindset was pretty convenient.  If worship, and therefore God, was in that building, I was free to do as I pleased when I wasn't there.  My spiritual life was compartmentalized.

As I matured and gained more understanding of the Word, my concept of worship expanded.  I came to realize that worship of God isn't confined to a location.  Although I need and desire the fellowship of believers that I experience on Sundays, I don't have to go to "church" to worship.  As I understand Scripture, all I do each day ought to be an act of worship.  Colossians 3:17 says, "Whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."  That's worship!

Lord, I give this day to You, asking that You give me discerning ears and eyes, so that every conversation, every task is done in Your Name as an act of worship.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment