Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The 3:00 a.m. battle...

2 Corinthians 3:4-5 "and such confidence we have through Christ toward God...our adequacy is from God."


I don't like 3:00 a.m.  That's when the Enemy wakes me up; that's when I become overwhelmed with feelings of inadequacy and failure.  I bolt out of bed, feeling like I have to do something, only to lie down again, knowing there's nothing I can do at that moment.  I've learned to prepare for the occasional 3:00 a.m. battles.  I keep my Bible, a pen, and a notepad on my nightstand.  When the the attacks come, I jot down my "to do" list, read God's Word, sing a silent worship song, and pray.  Satan can't handle that, and I usually fall asleep again.  In the morning things don't look so bad.

Through Jesus I can look to God confidently, not in fear or doubt; confident of His promises, His power, His protection.  I can be bold for Him because He is in me and with me!

Lord, thank You that my adequacy is in You and from You.  Please let me live that way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment