Thursday, February 9, 2012

Older but better...

2 Cor 4:16 "Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day."

"You're in great shape for the shape you're in."  Those were my doctor's words of encouragement after my latest physical.  He went on to say that if I weren't taking Thyroid and blood pressure medication, I would be in perfect health.  That made me feel pretty good, until the next day when I worked all day in the yard pulling weeds.  That evening my body told me the doctor didn't know what he was talking about. :-)

Like it or not, my body is old and getting older.  There's no way to make it young again.  However, the real me, the "inside" me, doesn't have to reflect the age and condition of the "outside" me.  God's Word tells me that I can be renewed, get stronger and better fit.  Regardless of my age, I can be better next year than I am right now.

How does my inner man- my spirit- get renewed?  The same way I get my body in shape - attitude, diet, exercise done daily and over a period of time.  My diet - God's Word.  No junk food!  Exercise - walking in faith, putting into practice what He teaches me.  Very important - do it daily, make it a habit, a way of life.

I'm working hard at it and I'm noticing a difference.  Why not try it?...you'll like who you see looking back at you in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment