Friday, February 24, 2012

.How do you respond when the enemy pushes back?

2 Corinthians 6:4-10 
When I traveled to Moscow in June, 1992, I didn't know what to expect.  Our group of educators was bringing light to darkness.  My role was to speak to groups of Russian school directors on the subject of "Servant Leadership", based on the life of Jesus.  I also had the privilege to interact with small groups of those same men and women.  The common theme I heard from them was, "For 40 years we have been told that there is no God.  Now we know that is a lie.  Please tell us about Him."

Satan wasn't the least bit pleased about us invading his territory!  We encountered spiritual warfare like I had never experienced back home.  In the midst of it, the Holy Spirit demonstrated His power over and over again.  I saw miracle after miracle.  What an exciting adventure!  Although I didn't experience anything like the suffering he endured, I imagine it must have been similar for Paul.

How do you respond to adversity?  In this passage Paul lists 18 adverse, negative, painful situations he has encountered in his ministry.  He also lists 18 positive responses to them.  We must expect resistance and suffering as we boldly proclaim God's love, mercy, and grace.  When we invade the Enemy's turf, exposing the darkness with the light of His Word, he will push back. 

How do I respond to adversity?  Do I expect it?  I should.  Do I succumb to it?  I mustn't.  Do I rise above it?  I must! 

Lord, I have put on my spiritual armor.  I'm wielding my Sword.  I'm ready.  Let me be a soldier of Light today.

No comments:

Post a Comment