Monday, February 20, 2012

"It's my pleasure."

2 Corinthians 5:10 "Therefore also we have as our ambition, whether at home (on earth) or absent (in Heaven) to be pleasing to Him."

One of my favorite places to eat is Chick fil A.  I love the food.  I love that it's owned by Christians.  I love the service.  When I'm there I feel like they really appreciate me.  For example, whenever I thank a server, he or she inevitably responds, "It's my pleasure."  I know they've been trained to say that, but nonetheless, I feel valued.  That's a good feeling.

I think God likes to be appreciated.  Isn't that what worship is all about?  The word itself means to ascribe value or worth to someone.  Paul says that my ambition, my goal, whether I am serving God here or in Heaven, is to please Him.  In Colossians 1:10 He says we are to "please Him in all respects", and we do that by bearing fruit (Galatians 5:22) and growing in our relationship with Him.  That's my goal in life, plain and simple, to live each day in such a way that I bring pleasure to my Savior, to bring a smile to His face.

Someday, when I stand before Jesus face to face, I hope He says to me, "I'm proud of you.  Thank you for serving me so faithfully."  Can you guess what my response will be?  "It's my pleasure!"

Lord, You know my heart.  You know that I truly want to honor and please You today.  Thank you for the opportunity to serve You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment