Monday, February 6, 2012

A letter from God...

2 Corinthians 3:3 "...You are a letter from Christ, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts."  (see Prov 3:3; 7:3)

I like to get mail.  I can't remember the last time I received a "real" letter.  Now it's email, social media, blogs, and texts.  Nonetheless, I enjoy hearing from people I know and love.   As I read these communiques, I learn not only what is happening in their lives, but I also get a sense of what's going on in their hearts. 

God is the ultimate communicator.  He speaks to us through His creation, through His written Word, through His Son (the Word), and through the Holy Spirit.  Did you know that He also speaks to others through us?  The Holy Spirit is in the process of transforming us, changing our hearts.  He changes us from the inside out.  What He "writes" on our hearts is communicated to others by our attitudes, our countenance, our choices, and our conversation.

The letter of Jesus in me may be the only Bible some people will ever read.  What are people going to read in me today?  What will it tell them about Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment