Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Speaking for God...

2 Cor 5:20 :We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us..."

I was sitting with our 5th grade class in the Senate gallery in Sacramento yesterday. Our tour guide asked an interesting question: "If you were in the legislature, what law would you like to see enacted?"  Immediately one student's hand shot in the air.  "I would make a law that everyone must believe in God", he boldly declared. 

That young man has the right idea, but unfortunately, we can't wave a magic wand or create a law that would change people's hearts.  However, God does have a plan for this, and it involves you and me.  He has made us His ambassadors.  He has empowered us with His resources and authority to speak on His behalf.  Our mission: to reconcile sinners to God.  Paul says we have received a "ministry of reconciliation." 

My task is to represent Him to those who don't know Him.  He wants me to introduce them to His Son.  Unfortunately my mission often times becomes obscured by all of the "stuff" of life and I am oblivious to the opportunities He puts before me.  I need to refocus my priorities daily and pursue my mission as His ambassador.

Lord, please help me to be a worthy representative of your mercy and grace today.  Help me to serve you well, that others would see You in me and be drawn to You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment