Tuesday, February 7, 2012

One step at a time...

John 8:12  "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Every so often I take a short cut from my office through the gym to the playground.  I there's not a P.E. class going on, the gym is totally dark and I have to be very careful traversing the floor.  The light switches are on the other side and more than once I've been in a hurry and banged my shin into a chair I couldn't see.  It's much easier if I use a flashlight.

It's that way for me spiritually as well.  God has designed each of us with an innate need for a relationship with Him.  Unfortunately, due to the darkness of sin, we stumble around in vain, banging into things, trying to find our way to Him.  Jesus changed all that.  He came into the world as God's Light, and He illumines the path to the Heavenly Father.

Unfortunately, Jesus doesn't turn on all the lights at once.  Instead, He lights just enough of the path for us to be able to see and avoid the obstacles.  I'd rather see the whole route at once, but He wants me to trust Him one step at a time.  I guess I'm okay with that. 

Lord, thank You for giving me light today.  Please help me to focus on the path you've illuminated.  I trust You with what I can't yet see.  One step at a time, Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment