Monday, February 13, 2012

My favorite equation...

2 Corinthians 4:17 "For momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison." (cf. 1 Pet 5:10; 1 Cor 10:13; Jas 1:3)

I don't know about you, but when I'm suffering, it feels neither momentary nor light!  However, in reality, God tells us that He has placed limits on our suffering.  He knows what we can endure and for how long (although what He knows I can handle differs from what I think I can handle!).

I love this equation!  Temporary light affliction = "exceeding upon exceeding" eternal weight of glory.  The suffering I endure builds God's character in me and expands my usefulness in ministry.  It's like He keeps sending me through additional training courses to improve my skills and move me to higher/deeper levels of service.  The bonus in all this is that while I'm suffering, I'm investing in my future!  What a deal!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment