Thursday, February 2, 2012

Promises, promises....

2 Cor 1:20 "For as many be the promises of God, in Him they are YES, wherefore also by Him (Jesus) is our AMEN to the glory of God through us."

"I'm sorry.  I'll never do that again. I promise!"  "Honey, I'll be home in time for dinner.  I promise!"  "Kids, I'm taking Saturday off and I'll go to your game.  I promise!" 

How many times have we heard, or made, promises that for one reason or another weren't kept?  I know I've been guilty of that more times than I like to admit.  Many times situations beyond my control made it impossible to keep my word.  Other times, however, I just didn't follow through. 

A promise is only as good as the one making it.  He must not only be capable of keeping his word; he must also commit to do so.

Thank God we can bank on His promises!  His Word is sure.  Jesus is His guarantee, our Amen!  As we trust Him and proclaim those promises, He works through us to bring glory to the Father.  Wow!

Here's a challenge for you.  Spend some time today pondering God's promises to you.  Write them down. Document them with a Scripture if you can.  Receive them.  Thank Him.  Live like you believe Him. People will notice and you will have opportunity to point them to the Promise Keeper. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment