Friday, August 26, 2011

Are you a "fair weather praiser"?

Hebrews 13:15-16 "In Him, then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for it is with such sacrifices that God is pleased."

When should I praise God? When I'm blessed and happy? Yes. When I'm hurting and helpless? Yes. When I'm lonely and discouraged? Yes. When I'm at the end of myself and I'm frustrated? Yes.

It's easy to praise God when things are going well; not so easy when things get rough and out of control. My friend received some devastating news this week...his Dr. told him that he has an aggressive form of melanoma (cancer). Was God any less present, any less involved with him at that point than when he was feeling well and happy? No! God was in the room with him as he listened to the Dr... and God was holding him tightly, whispering to him, comforting and reassuring him.

My circumstances don't dictate God's presence and involvement. He's in me, with me, working in every situation. I praise Him and thank Him for it, and I demonstrate it by allowing Him to speak and act through me.

Thank you, Lord, for who You are and what You do in and through and for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment