Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Who's your mentor?...

Hebrews 13:7 "Remember those who led you, who spoke the Word of God to you, and considering the outcome of their conduct, imitate their faith."

Thank God I have had many mentors at various stages of my life. My earliest mentor was my dad. He didn't say a lot, but I learned volumes by watching him. I observed how he treated my mom with love and respect. I shadowed him at church and saw how he treated people with that same respect. He was a servant leader, always ready to help, regardless of the need. I never heard him speak a harsh or unkind word to anyone. I saw in him a strong, vibrant, unshakeable faith in our Lord Jesus. I saw the outcome of his faith at his memorial service in the testimonies of the many lives he had touched.

Throughout the years I have had godly men step into my life and guide me in ministry, giving me insights from the Word, showing me how to be a pastor. I owe so much to these who took the time to invest in my life and ministry.

Who is your mentor? Whose faith are you imitating? Praise God for them and let them know how much you value their contribution to your faith.

Lord, thank you for not leaving us to our own wisdom and experience. Thank you for those You have led to mentor us. Please God, let us pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment