Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How do you study for a "faith test"???

Hebrews 11:17-19 "By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, even though God had said to him, 'It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned'. Abraham reckoned that God could even raise the dead..."

Each of us will have our faith tested often, and many times it will be through our children. I remember times when I felt like a failure as a parent, and it was tough to trust God's promises. I couldn't see how He would bring good from the situation. Yet, He did.

God uses testing to build our faith, even when we fail the test. He won't test us beyond what He knows we can endure, although usually His idea of what I can endure and my idea of what I can endure don't quite match up. :-)

God had been building Abraham's faith little by little to the point that Abraham was able to trust God, even to the point of sacrificing his son. He had experienced God's miraculous power and he believed that God would do whatever necessary to fulfill His promises.

How do we study for "faith tests"? By obeying when the Holy Spirit nudges us. Each step prepares us for the next one.

Lord, please help me to hear you clearly today and to trust you fully. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment