Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Are you listening????

James 1:19 "Know this, let everyone be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger..."

"You never listen to me!" Guilty. It is my wife's number one complaint, and rightfully so. I would rather do something or say something than stop and really listen. I think I'm listening, but I'm really not getting the whole message because I'm already planning a response or an action.

If I'm honest, too often it's that way with God and me. I'm quick to talk, anxious to tell Him all the things I want Him to do; I'm planning what I want to do for Him. But...I'm not really listening to Him. Scripture says, "Be still, and know that I am God." Translated for me, it says, "Be quiet, I'm trying to talk to you, but you're not listening to Me."

On those occasions that I do take the time to listen, He does speak. When I listen well and follow His directions, blessings follow and He is honored. And, I feel His pleasure. I love to bask in His approving smile!!

Lord, please talk to me. I'm listening. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment