Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Preshrunk Faith"....that's what I need!

Hebrews 10:39 "But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who trust and are saved."

Do you ever get in trouble at home when you're trying to do something helpful and nice? My hand is raised! I remember the time I was "helping" by doing the laundry. I separated everything by color, but I didn't read the labels on the clothing. Everything went through the washer and dryer. Big mistake! When taking some of my wife's things from the dryer, I noticed that one of her favorite tops looked a bit smaller than it should. That's when I read the label..."wash in cold water, hang to dry." Oops! I prefer labels that say, "Preshrunk."

This morning, God was asking me, "How do you respond when the heat is on?" Am I a "wash in cold water, hang to dry" guy, or am I "preshrunk...bring on the heat!"? God uses every experience I encounter to strengthen my faith ("preshrink" me) so that I'll be ready when the heat is turned up. How I respond in the "little" trials will determine how I do in the scary ones. I don't want to be one who shrinks back and turns away...I want to be strong in faith, trusting God when the hard times come.

Lord, thank you that whatever comes my way today is "Father-filtered". Thank you that you are always in the process of drawing me closer to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment