Monday, September 12, 2011

Be careful....Your friends are infectious...

Prov 13:20 "He who walks with wise men will become wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm." Psalm 1:1 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, or stand in the path of sinners, or sit in the seat of scoffers." 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Do not be deceived, evil companions corrupt good morals.:

When I was a little boy, the moms in our neighborhood had a practice that may or may not have been wise. Whenever one of us would get sick with the mumps, measles, chicken pox, or other contagious illness, they would get us together so we would all be exposed. Their thinking was that it would be good for us all to be sick at the same time and get those "childhood diseases" out of our system.

Just like exposure to chicken pox will most likely result in my getting sick, so the thinking, attitudes, behavior, and reputation of my friends are contagious. I will most likely become like those with whom I regularly associate. While I must rub shoulders with and relate to non-Believers, God consistently tells me to be careful in choosing my friends.

Lord, thank You for giving me friends who hold me accountable and who help me stay on the right path. You keep using them to bless me. Please use me to bless them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment