Thursday, September 22, 2011

In what direction does your ear lean??

Proverbs 22:17 "Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your mind to my knowledge, for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, that they may be ready on your lips."

We have a 6 month old, cute, Maltipoo puppy named Oliver. Ollie has outstanding hearing and is ADHD to the max! He can't stay focused for more than a few seconds and his head is constantly turning toward whatever catches his attention. Yet, in the midst of all the distractions, when one of us mentions his name, he stops what he's doing, cocks his head, and rushes to us.

I'm somewhat like Oliver, in that I'm constantly distracted by the cacophony of voices vying for my attention. Sometimes lost amidst the noise is the soft voice of the Holy Spirit. I find that when I start my day in conversation with God, I am more likely to pick His voice out from among all the others. I find myself "inclining my ear", leaning toward Him so I don't miss a word of His message.

Lord, I need to hear you today. I'm leaning toward You, anxiously waiting for your voice. Thanks for taking the time out of Your busy day to talk with me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment