Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Where there's Milk, there's Manure....

Proverbs 14:4 "Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but much increase comes by the strength of the ox."

I love to work with wood. I have a workshop in my garage and I love to build things. It is relaxing and refreshing for me to design and build a cabinet or piece of furniture. There's a sense of pride and satisfaction with the finished product. But... there's also a cost involved. When I'm building, my shop gets messy. Cutting wood produces a lot of sawdust and scraps.

My shop would be much neater if I never flipped the power switch on my table saw, but I wouldn't get anything built either. So it is with life, both individually and corporately. Status quo is neat and clean. Growth is messy. Misunderstandings, hurt feelings, frustrations are byproducts of change. As we move forward, we must be diligent to regularly "muck out the stalls" - working at maintaining relationships. Managing growth successfully requires sensitivity, patience, forgiveness, and seeking forgiveness.

Lord, I don't want to stay the same. I want to continue to grow and change. Please help me today to be both focused and sensitive, aware of those around me. Please use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment