Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Help...I've lost my brain!!

Psalm 51:10 says, "Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a right spirit within me..."

Two days ago I booted up (or attempted to) my laptop and saw a frightening message: "unable to locate boot drive".  :-(   After several unsuccessful tries, I texted my I.T. friend who gave me some options, but none of them worked.  So...for the past few days I've been without my "brains".  Finally, this afternoon I am up and running again, working with something of a clean slate.  I get to reconfigure all my programs, websites, etc.  Time-consuming, but kind of fun.

That happens to me spiritually every once in awhile.  I find myself unable to connect with God.  Just as the internet was still there over the past few days, so also was God.  The problem with the connection was with my "hard drive", my heart.  Once I figured that out, my prayer echoed that of David's.  Thank God that He is patient, faithful, compassionate, and that He wants the connection to be restored even more than I do!  Now I get to "reconfigure my programs", starting with a clean slate, a pure heart.

Thank You, Jesus, for making a way for me to relate to my Heavenly Father.  Thanks for helping me to "reboot" my relationship with a pure heart.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment