Thursday, September 1, 2011

How is your spiritual GPS system working?...

Prov 1:5 "A wise man will hear & increase in learning; a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel."

Have you ever had to drive in a dense fog? Or have you had to navigate a boat through waters littered with unseen obstacles just below the surface? Have you set off toward a destination in an unfamiliar territory without directions on how to get there? Each of those situations poses a real threat to your safety. A GPS navigational system would really come in handy!

The word "counsel" comes from a Hebrew word that means "steering". God's Word is our navigational chart, our GPS, that helps us steer around dangerous "below the surface" obstacles; it helps us set and maintain an accurate course to our destination. How foolish for a sailor to disregard his charts and set off, guided only by what he can see.

Same with us. I need to constantly check my bearings, my location with God's Word. It gives me direction, discernment, understanding, protection. It keeps my feet on the right path; it keeps my attitude in check; it helps me to sense the need for course corrections along the way.

Thank you, Lord, for not leaving me to my own wisdom and understanding. Thank you that I can lean on You, seek Your counsel, trust Your leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment